Dear fellow families,
I am happy to inform you that we have met all of NYS Department of Health requirements to resume limited visitation on March 9th pending no new cases of Covid-19 among our residents or staff.
Please note, as we are now eligible to resume limited visitation, this can change at any time. In addition, the Department of Health has the rights to halt visitation at any time.
Please read below for updated limited visitation guidelines. If any visitor fails to adhere to protocol, visitor/s will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the Covid-19 state declared public health emergency.
1) The facility will conduct a rapid Covid-19 test on all visitors prior to visit
2) Visitors must sign in and will be screened for signs of symptoms of Covid-19 prior to visit
3) Visitation will be by appointment only (booking details are below)
4) Visitation will be in a dedicated area where proper infection control practices and social distance requirements can be followed.
5) Visitation will be Monday – Friday, 10AM – 4:30PM
6) Each visit will have a maximum time of 20 minutes
7) Visitors must wear a facemask or face covering, covering both mouth and nose and will be provided a mask if they don’t have one
8) There will be no more than 2 visitors per session
9) Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older
10) Visitors must maintain social distancing precautions of at least 6 feet at all times (no physical contact allowed at any time; e.g., hugging, kissing)
11) No food or drink permitted during the visit
12) Residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are ineligible for in-person visits
Visitation can be booked with the residents Social Worker.
Facility phone number: 718-882-6400
Suzette Henry: Extension 240 –
Hope Williams: Extension 242 –
Please note, we will continue to have virtual visits via our Recreation department and our whole compliment of staff is willing to help you out with any questions or concerns any of you might have. We encourage families to send care packages for their loved ones that include a photo of the sender to be used at a memory prompt. We ask families to send video messages that can be replayed. Send videos and photos via whatsapps or sms to 347-802-6042.
As a reminder, you can find all our Covid-19 updates on our
website. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Mr. Harvey Bauer, LNHA