Dear fellow families,
Effective today, April 5, 2021 there has been changes to our visitation plan and policy for limited visitation. Please see below for updated visitor guidance. Our complete ‘visitation plan and policy during the COVID-19 pandemic’ and ‘visitor fact sheet’ can be found on our website along with all of our COVID-19 related updates.
- Visitors must sign in and will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the visit.
- While not required, all visitors are strongly encouraged to get tested for COVID – 19 prior to their visit.
- The facility will offer COVID – 19 testing free of charge to all visitors if needed.
- Visitors must wear a facemask or face covering and will be provided a mask if they do not have one at no charge.
- No food or beverages will be allowed during the visit.
- Hand sanitizer will be used before and after the visit and as needed.
- There will be no more than 2 visitors per session.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors are to go directly to the visiting area and not walk the hallways, or go to other parts of the facility.
- If the resident is fully vaccinated*, visitors may have limited close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. Regardless, visitors should physically distance from other residents and staff in the facility.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
*Fully vaccinated: a person who is ≥2 weeks following receipt of the 2nd dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine.
Visitation can be booked with the residents Social Worker.
Facility phone number: 718-882-6400
Suzette Henry: Extension 240 – SHenry@goldcrestcc.com
Hope Williams: Extension 242 – Hwilliams@goldcrestcc.com
Please note, we will continue to have virtual visits via our Recreation department and our whole compliment of staff is willing to help you out with any questions or concerns any of you might have. We encourage families to send care packages for their loved ones that include a photo of the sender to be used at a memory prompt. We ask families to send video messages that can be replayed. Send videos and photos via whatsapps or sms to 347-802-6042.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Harvey Bauer, LNHA